Six ways to keep your trustees on board
Managing a board well can be difficult, but keeping members engaged is essential if an organisation is to succeed.
In any organisation, be it a charity, social enterprise, social business or housing association, the effectiveness of the board doesn’t just depend on who is sitting round the table, but also how engaged they are. If a board is disinterested it can’t provide the financial and strategic scrutiny needed.
So whether you are someone who regularly deals with a board, a chair, board member, or a prospective trustee, here are some tips to keep trustees fully involve:
- Tell them how they’re doing
- Introduce the board to those the charity works with
- Explain the benefits
- You’ll only get real results from a well-chaired board
- Don’t waste their time with badly planned meetings
- Take advantage of their expert knowledge, but don’t ignore their broader views
Click here for the full article
Source: The Guardian