You will work independently alongside an innovative multi-disciplined development team, to design and develop robust and usable web applications.
Experience & Abilities
We are looking for an experienced developer with minimum 2-3 years' experience. You will be an enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual who enjoys working in a team. You will be very familiar and capable with working in the Microsoft environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- An ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Familiarity with the Umbraco CMS desired but not required
- No formal qualifications are required for this position
Details of position
You will be working with our in-house development team. Your role will be to be a key team member and support the team with application development, helping to build web-based portals and applications and integrating these into a variety of other Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications:
- Support and maintain existing range of applications
- Develop new applications using a range of technologies
- Communicate and knowledge share with other members of the team
- Provide support and advice to various teams within the company (Customer Service, 3rd Line, Projects)
What is in it for you?
- City Centre location with free parking
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Flexible Working Hours
- Free Refreshments
The role is full-time for 37.5 hours a week, including flexitime. Salary is £25 to £32kpa dependent on experience.
Arkom Creative Technology
We provide business solutions by developing usable, robust software. As a company, and as individuals, we value integrity, honesty, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect.
We are committed to our customers and partners and have a passion for technology. We take on big challenges, and pride ourselves on seeing them through. We hold ourselves accountable to our customers, shareholders, partners, and employees by honouring our commitments, providing results, and striving for the highest quality.
Our offices are in Aizlewoods Mill on Nursery Street, Sheffield S3 8GG. We are walking distance from Sheffield City Centre, have ample (free) staff car parking and are close to tram and bus stops.
Please forward your CV and covering letter telling us why you think you are right for the job, to email@example.com.